According to Health.com, the secret to this inexpensive home whitening method is malic acid, which acts as an astringent to remove surface discoloration. Combined with baking soda, strawberries become a natural tooth-cleanser, buffing away stains from wine, coffee, and dark sodas.
½ tablespoon baking soda
1. Crush the strawberry to a pulp like consistency
2. Add in baking soda until blended
3. Use a soft toothbrush to spread the mixture onto your teeth
4. Leave on for 3-5 minutes
5. Rinse and brush thoroughly with toothpaste
6. Floss out any stray strawberry seeds
NOTE: It’s best to apply this treatment only once a week – the acid can damage the enamel on your teeth if you overdo it.
The downside to using natural teeth whiteners is that it can take a lot longer to get the results you want.